Tuesday, June 8, 2010

King Crab Legs -- The Perfect Gift

What do you get somebody who has everything? This was the question I asked myself when it came time to get my parent’s Christmas or birthday gifts; they have everything they need and most everything they want. That’s when I started giving them fresh seafood as gifts and I can promise you it makes them very happy. For their anniversary this year I had king crab legs sent to them, along with a nice bottle of wine. They got a great deal of enjoyment out of it and were very thankful.

My parents grew up near the ocean. Now that they live in Kentucky fresh seafood is rare and it’s been quite a while since my parents have been able to enjoy fresh seafood. Once I found the perfect online site to send fresh seafood I never have to worry about what to get them for special occasions. The king crab legs I sent for their anniversary was as fresh as if my dad had caught it himself.

Both my parents have birthdays in May so this year my brothers and I went together to provide a huge feast for not only my parents but for the whole family. We ordered a variety of seafood such as clams, oysters, shrimp, and king crab legs. It was an amazing dinner and one I hope to repeat next year, if not sooner. Everything we ordered came to us fresh and useable. I was a bit worried about the oysters but none of them were spoiled and they tasted as fresh as if we bought them off the dock.

It’s often difficult to find quality seafood at prices that don’t take a second mortgage on your house. To find the best place to order from you really have to do a lot of research and then talk to the places personally by phone. If they don’t have a number you can call them at I don’t suggest you order from them. It’s important to find out if they guarantee their orders. What I mean is if you order fresh dungeness crab it should arrive fresh and if it doesn't they should offer your money back. Sometimes delays happen but when you are talking about fresh seafood, delays are disaster. Where I get my seafood from, they guarantee fresh delivery no matter what the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment